Peter A. Peterson II
Jack D. Edwards
Lukas C. Eklund
Walter M. Gibbs
Sean Q. Neakums
Neale T. Pickett
Leonard X. Richardson
Nate J. Riffe
US Rep. Rick Boucher
Fred "Mister" Rogers
Since 1998, the DMCA
has revealed itself to be a failure. It has not
been effective at preventing piracy in cyberspace,
yet it has managed to
stifle harmless and even beneficial uses of material for research
Click here for more information.
Tell your representatives that you do not support this kind of legislation!
* Starbase XY003
* Skates Sharpened and Repaired
* Slow Learners
* Use Ogg Vorbis instead of MP3!
The GNU Project
|"How Mr. Rogers saved the VCR."|
Clickolinko (may be NSFE)
* * http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2013/05/22/3764565.htm <-- Randall remixed into Australian science newsletter
* * http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/05/facebook-one-year-later-what-really-happened-in-the-biggest-ipo-flop-ever/275987/
* * http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/us/officer-involved-in-shooting-of-man-tied-to-tsarnaev.html?_r=0 <-- Some advocates for the Chechen community have expressed concern that Russian intelligence officers might be steering the F.B.I. to target Chechens in the United States who are hostile to Russia but have nothing to do with terrorism. --- we used chchens to kill russians, but only when the russians were bad
* * http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/22/man-fatally-shot-by-fbi-agent-in-florida/ <-- "Me and him and my friends, we knew this was going to happen. That's why he wanted to leave the country," Taramov said. "But he canceled the tickets. The FBI's been pushing him, 'Don't leave, don't leave.' So he decided to stay.”
* * http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/business/energy-environment/mountain-of-petroleum-coke-from-oil-sands-rises-in-detroit.html?hp <-- the Koch brothers: still assholes
* * http://imgur.com/r/pics/HYrbwaO <-- Your daily nemo.
* * https://npmjs.org/package/ueberDB <-- " ueberDB turns every database into a simple key value store by providing a layer of abstraction between your software and your database. ueberDB uses a smart cache and buffer algorithm to make databases faster. Reads are cached and writes are done in a bulk. The bulk writing reduces the overhead of a database transaction."
* * http://www.salon.com/2013/05/21/dan_browns_inferno_spawns_viral_twitter_parody_partner/
* * http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-eyed_Susan <-- does this qualify as "simple English"?
* * https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iqLhdInGrk
* * http://www.weatherhalloffame.com/nfl/grb19970104.html <-- bz2: in 1997 one game absolutely destroyed the field at lambeau field. so green bay did the only logical thing: sliced up the rest of the field into bricks, sold the bricks to packers fans at $50 each, and used the proceeds to offset the cost of replacing the field
* * http://rsna2006.rsna.org/rsna2006/V2006/conference/event_display.cfm?em_id=4435870 <-- apparently sitting straight up is bad for your back
* * https://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&q=island+park+idaho&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x5351a07d06dfac21:0x6189641460e9e5ac,Island+Park,+ID&gl=us&ei=6NybUY7QGpWo4AOt24GwDg&ved=0CKQBELYD <-- those are quite the city limits.
* * http://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/for-home/kitchenware/product/new-johnston-tea-cosy.html <-- Screwtape
* * http://www.themorningnews.org/article/lone-star-statements <-- “When one contrasts Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five with this book, it’s like comparing an Olympic sprinter with an obese man running for the bus with a hot dog in one hand and a soda in the other.”
* * http://www.thebirdist.com/2013/04/state-birds-what-they-should-be.html <-- Common Loon represent
* * http://i.imgur.com/BWhiAiC.jpg <-- can't be serious, right?
* * http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tom7/papers/sigbovik2011tom7whatwords.pdf <-- related, Randall
* * http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2013/04/can-super-mario-save-artificial-intelligence.html)
* * http://tom7misc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tom7misc/trunk/tasbot/ <-- "It can’t win at Tetris, but it figures out that, if it pauses the game and doesn’t restart, it won’t lose."
* * http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/x-marks-the-spot-1000yearold-coins-may-prove-traders-visit-20130519-2junc.html <-- AUSTRALIA. Treasure Island after all?
* * http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4352732/xbox-one-requires-kinect <-- Latest update in News of the Panopticon
* * http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0 <-- best package name ever
* * http://www.richardyoo.com/blog/2013/05/21/crazy-animated-gif/
* * https://twitter.com/elharaty/status/336942012563603457 <-- i'm getting favstarioed
* * https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/336943707674791937/photo/1 <-- Randall
* * http://img8.joyreactor.com/pics/post/earth-stonehenge-easter-island-703758.jpeg <-- Randall
* * http://ipayroadtax.com/no-such-thing-as-road-tax/i-knocked-a-cyclist-off-his-bike-i-have-right-of-way-he-doesnt-even-pay-road-tax/
* * https://twitter.com/overcreston/status/336891923107307520
* * https://twitter.com/thesulk/status/336875035660808192
* * https://square.com/cash <-- Sounds great.
* * http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/28392/20130521/new-jersey-sinkhole-east-rutherford.htm <-- emad
* * http://imgur.com/a/JcRHv <-- emad
* * http://www.thesecretworlds.com/files/5612/7120/1628/giant-salamander.jpg <-- emad
* * http://www.panoramio.com/photo/45005825 <-- And here I thought the joke was that they were copying the Van Halen logo.